Troubleshooting your Internet Connection
Before calling our support line, try these easy tips to get back online ASAP. If you’ve tried everything and are still experiencing Internet connection problems, it’s time to call us at 1-844-999-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Submit a Ticket. Residential service hours are Monday – Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm and a technician will be in contact by the next business day.
Untangle your cables and cords
- Is the router plugged in, turned on and getting power?
- Is your power brick plugged in, turned on and getting power?
- Are all the connections tight and secure?
- Are all the cords and cables connected to the correct port or outlet?
Restart, reboot and verify
- Restart (power cycle) the router. Unplug your router’s power cord for at least 20 seconds and then plug it back in again.
- Wait 2 minutes for the router to finish its restart.
- Restart (reboot) your computer or device. Power OFF and restart your computer (or device).
- To give your computer a chance to clear out its cache and reconnect settings, wait at least 2 minutes before trying to access the Internet
Is your PC/phone/tablet configured correctly?
If you can browse the Web with your laptop, but can’t connect with your smartphone or another PC, check the problem device’s network settings. For smartphones, go to your Wi-Fi settings and make sure Wi-Fi is enabled and that you are connected to the proper SSID using the correct security password. Make sure Airplane Mode is disabled and that your time and date are correct. For Windows clients, make sure the Wi-Fi switch is turned on, and that the device is not in Airplane Mode. Right-click on the network icon in your system tray and select Troubleshoot Problems to run the Windows Network Diagnostic routine.
Is your PC healthy?
Check for spyware, viruses, and malware. These programs are easily downloaded and installed, without your knowledge, while you’re surfing the Web. They can run undetected and have a significant impact on your Web surfing speed and overall system performance.
Time to upgrade your router?
If you’re using an older model, you may want to consider upgrading to a newer, more powerful router, especially if you have multiple client devices vying for bandwidth. Check with us for recommended models.
Still experiencing issues?
If you’ve tried everything and are still experiencing Internet connection problems, it’s time to call us at 1-844-999-6677 or email@example.com. Residential service hours are Monday – Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm and a technician will be in contact by the next business day.